To choose the right marketing strategy, optimally manage your skills, budget and time, use social media analytics tools. With their help, you can evaluate how effective your marketing strategies are, build new ones, compare your work with the work of competitors, and much more. According to a McKinsey report, brands using customer analytics are 2.6 times more likely to have a significantly higher ROI than competitors: 45% vs. 18%.
Today we are going to talk about 10 useful social media analytics tools for content marketers.
10 Useful Social Media Analytics Tools
№1. Unbox Social
1. Unbox Social is a powerful tool for marketers that offers comprehensive analytics. With it, you can analyze Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Main functions:
Brand page overview – collecting data on page reach, subscriber growth and unsubscribe, views and impressions of publications, engagement level, reposts and other interactions.
2. Audience information – an estimate of the age, gender and location of subscribers. In addition, the tool provides data on the time of the greatest activity.
3. Evaluation of competitors’ activity – an opportunity to evaluate the activities of industry competitors, which served as a successful strategy for them, etc.
The tool generates ready-made reports and significantly saves time on manual analysis. The minimum subscription cost is $29 per month.
№2. Hootsuite Analytics
Hootsuite Analytics – provides simple reports from each social network, combining them in one place for easy analysis. It can be used to analyze Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. You, as a marketer, do not have to check each social network separately, which will save a lot of time.
With Hootsuite Analytics you can:
- evaluate publication metrics – clicks, interactions, reach, engagement, views, etc.
- evaluate profile indicators – visits, overall engagement, customer reviews, subscriber growth, etc.;
- receive reports on the work of niche competitors;
- monitor the effectiveness of the marketing strategy.
You can use the free trial version for 30 days. A further subscription will cost a minimum of $49 per month.
Talkwalker is a handy data analytics tool that allows you to track marketing campaigns on social networks. In addition, it offers a large selection of popular themes. With their help, you can create unique visual content, and use Essay Tigers to write high-quality posts and essays.
Talkwalker independently monitors user reactions and traffic and measures the effectiveness of the strategy in real-time.
№4. Google Analytics
Google Analytics– perhaps the most popular and sought-after analytics tool among marketers. It is especially convenient for those who, in addition to social networks, have a website. It allows you to estimate the amount of traffic coming to the site from different social media platforms.
- the ability to assess which social network brings the most traffic;
- analysis of content for the greatest attractiveness to users;
- collection of demographic data of subscribers;
- calculation of the profitability of marketing campaigns in social networks.
Google Analytics is the best assistant for developing social media marketing strategies. The tool is absolutely free.
Squarelovin is a reliable Instagram analytics tool. Main functions:
- tracking the level of user engagement;
- content effectiveness analysis;
- collecting data to optimize the marketing strategy.
The tool has a free demo version, as well as paid subscriptions with advanced features. Their minimum cost is $9.90 per month.
№ 6: Brandwatch
Brandwatch is a universal assistant for collecting and analyzing data from various sources. These include social networks, forums, websites, blogs, and more. The tool has 4 social media analytics report templates that are easy to customize:
1. General analysis – an overview of all user interactions with the page, keyword evaluation and competitor check.
2. Popularity information – checking all publications, mentions and reposts, with further analysis of the most popular ones.
3. A report on influencers who may be suitable for your brand’s marketing campaign.
4. Comparative analysis of the activity of your page and the page of competitors.
You must pay to subscribe to the tool.
№ 7: Mentionlytics
Mentionlytics is a tool that tracks information in several languages at once, both on social platforms and on websites.
- keyword analysis;
- the ability to send responses to mentions in person;
- analysis of user interactions with the page;
- Search for influencers who fit the brand format.
The cost of the basic subscription is $49 per month, the maximum one will cost $450 per month.
According to the survey results, only 57% of respondents use social media analytics as a research method. Unfortunately, this is a disappointing statistic. Use the available tools from our list, and after a while, you will appreciate how effective they can be.
If you want to step your social media marketing up this year, get in touch with our skilled Facebook Advertising experts. We can help your business boost its online presence and generate new leads. Whether your looking for Instagram, Facebook or YouTube Ads, Finsbury Media got you covered.