One of the toughest parts of running an SEO agency can be attracting new customers. Read now to find out how satisfied customers will get high quality referrals.
Here are some tips on how to get satisfied clients to give you referrals, which help prove your authority and grow your business.
- As clients as part of the arrangement for any future referral. You can make this based on priorities you and the customer decide on and it’s a very easy way of assessing. You either meet the goals set and earn a referral, or you don’t.
- Use your LinkedIn network to ask for introductions from those in your network to qualified businesses. Personal referrals are always the strongest type of referral, whether in hiring, B2B or B2C. Word of mouth and networking still aren’t outdated technologies.
- TIMING, TIMING, TIMING. Wait for a win and seek a referral. It’s not a good time to ask for endorsement for 90 days in the campaign-wait until you have 6 months or more with a happy customer. Obviously, you ‘re going to want to time your request for referral to a good result-better scores, more exposure or a major client coming in.
- Give your clients a template- if you ask them to generate a referral on their own you’re going to be waiting a long time. Simply develop a template and email it to the client, ask them to fill it out, and then make sure you follow up.
- Clients may not want to send you a referral for any reason, but make sure they have a way to recommend you if they don’t-ask if you can use them as a case study, or write a testimonial. Only an endorsement by LinkedIn can be useful!
- Add a link to your website and email where clients can submit referrals.
- Offer a referral commission.
The most handy way to get referrals is- inquire! Many times you’ll be able to refer clients to your agency, you just didn’t ask them to. Be sure to jump on service delivery opportunities- after all, isn’t that why we’re all in business?