1. Make sure you ‘re writing convincing titles- just don’t give the farm away! The aim is to make sure people click through, and not give them the correct detail in the headline.
Good Title Vs. Bad Title
Good Title: Who won game 7 of the NBA Finals? Click through for the box score and analysis!
Bad Title: Cleveland wins NBA Championship in Game 7
See the difference? The first compels the reader to come see the story. The second makes reading the story unnecessary.
2. Write short titles. Twitter, for example,Limits how many characters a post can contain. If you write a title that is too long it’s going to be truncated and you’re losing control of your post.
3. Most of the social sharing platforms like LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook will pull in the meta description of the page as the text to append to a post when content is shared. Why not use that opportunity to write a compelling meta description- it will pay off when it’s shared and on the Search Engine Results Page.
4. Always add content. That’s a no-brainer. Content with photos-better yet, video-draws more interest, gets more shares, and leads to more interaction with your brand and message. Try putting a convincing, meaningful picture on everything you write.
5. Add hashtags and possibly an @ reference to your content that’s likely to be shared on Twitter. Then, when a User shares it, it’s already optimized for that platform!
6. Make sure it’s easy to share your content by adding social sharing buttons to it. You want to reduce the amount of friction it takes for the User to share your content- giving them one button to hit is a lot easier than hoping they will cut the URL and copy/paste it and then add a compelling description and image. Do the work for them- help them, help you!
Create Good Content
4. CREATE Positive CONTENT- this is the best advice available in terms of social media optimisation. If you can make the next ‘Gangnam Style’ and go viral, all these other components for the ideal marketing juggernaut can come together.
Contact Your best SEO Agency today to learn how we can help your brand succeed-socially!